Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 1 min
This spring salad recipe is a perfect light meal or side dish. Filled with fresh veggies, herbs, and a zippy vinaigrette, it's simple, bright, and delicious.
- 1 bunch asparagus, tender parts, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- A few handfuls of salad greens
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ avocado, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup chopped, toasted pistachios
- ½ cup roasted chickpeas
- Fresh herbs, for garnish (basil, mint and/or chives)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil or a mix of basil and mint
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus ½ teaspoon zest
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more as desired
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and set a bowl of ice water nearby. Blanch the asparagus for about 1 minute, until tender but still bright green. Transfer to the ice water for 1 minute, then drain. Allow the asparagus to dry and transfer it back to the bowl and add the peas.
- Make the dressing: In a food processor, pulse together the herbs, garlic, lemon juice, zest, vinegar, olive oil, and salt.
- Add half of the dressing to the bowl with the asparagus and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the salad. Arrange the salad greens on a platter, then layer the asparagus/pea mixture, the radishes, feta, avocado, pistachios, chickpeas, and herbs. Drizzle with remaining dressing, season to taste with more salt and pepper, and serve.